|Species||Fish, presumed to be a Cod Fish|
|Occupation||SPORK's top agent|
|Allies||Members of SPORK, Abraham Lincoln, Boskov (briefly)|
|Foes||Hector Con Carne, General Skarr, Major Dr. Ghastly, Boskov, presumably the other supervillains in League of Destruction|
|First Appearance||The Smell of Vengeance|
|Voiced By||Maxwell Atoms|
|“||Blah blah blah blah”|
|— Cod Commando|
Cod Commando is a fish capable of breathing on land, and with human-level intelligence. He works for the organization S.P.O.R.K. and is their best agent. His communication solely consists of him saying "blah" and oftentimes being translated. He behaves like a human, with very few fish-related behavioral traits.
He was introduced in The Smell of Vengeance.
Cod Commando is an orange fish. He has a green military hat and a green, skin-tight jumpsuit that covers his tail, with a belt with a large, square buckle. He has two white and black eyes and pink lips. He is most likely the shortest character in the entire show.
In the second season his back fin is shown to be spikier looking than in the first season.
Cod Commando is a courageous and daring soldier dedicated to his duty and stopping the forces of evil, who takes his job very seriously. He is often portrayed as being a stereotypical hero, being patriotic, and even reminding children to check both ways before crossing the street at the end of Go SPORK.
Despite this, he is sometimes easily fooled into falling into traps, such as in Ultimate Evil when Major Dr. Ghastly said it was her after saying she was leaving an anonymous phone call warning of Hector's latest plot, which should have made him realize it was a trap.He is not without his darker traits, however, as he will go to great lengths to accomplish his goals, even if it means resorting to acts of rashness and severe violence, as seen when he destroyed Hector Con Carne's body while disguised as his mad scientist.
He also allowed Agent Heidi to be taken prisoner as revenge for her not setting him free when in the same situation earlier, even though they technically were supposed to be allies.
In the episode Cod vs Hector, it is implied that the real reason Cod wishes to kill Hector is to gain control of his evil empire, but this is currently considered nothing more than a gag for the episode.
It's also possible that it was the result of Hector continuously using "You're the hero" to guilt trip Cod into helping him, while then turning on Cod and betraying him, and thus in that episode he grew tired of being the hero due to the consequences of his heroic attitude in that episode.
- Being a trained soldier, Cod Commando is physically trained to his physical peak and has knowledge of fighting arts and military strategy. Cod Commando also has a large arsenal of weapons at his disposal as well as numerous soldiers under his command.
- He can drive many kinds of vehicles.
- Cod Commando has had advanced survival training, and was seen able to make a house (complete with a garage and modern conveniences) when stuck on a deserted island, while also easily gaining food.
- Despite being a fish, Cod Commando can survive on land without difficulty.
- He also, surprisingly, is very good at disguising himself without being detected, despite being a fish.
- Because he does not have a nose, he is immune to stink attacks.
- In Evil on Trial he is shown to be a skilled lawyer/attorney, convincing the jury of Hector Con Carne's guilt within a matter of seconds.
- In Cod vs. Hector, Cod and Boskov are shown to understand each other's speech, suggesting Cod may be able to communicate with other animals.
- Being a fish, he is shown to still be vulnerable to a worm on the end of a hook, although he is shown trying to resist the urge.
- Despite being intelligent in many areas related to military work, his common sense is lacking.
- He easily fell for a trap set up by Evil Con Carne in Ultimate Evil, despite Major Dr. Ghastly accidentally revealing she was the anonymous caller at the end of the phone call. This should have alerted Cod to the fact the call was a trap.
- Similarly, he answered his phone in the middle of battle during Go SPORK, despite knowingly being on a mission to stop mind-control telemarket calls.
- He is sometimes shown to be able to be squished by larger foes.
- In League of Destruction, his soldiers have difficulty understanding his manner of speech, causing trouble in relaying his plan.
- Although greatly trained, due to his small stature, his punches are often shown to be ineffective, particularly against larger foes. He is also shown to be easily squished by Boskov in Ultimate Evil after showing off his combat skills without actually causing harm.
BackgroundIn Bring Me the Face of Hector Con Carne it is implied they had been at odds for quite some time, but Hector had always elluded Cod with his guise of being a legitimate bussinessman.
He was the one who destroyed Hector's body in an explosion. He destroyed Hector's body in an attempt to kill him. In Bring Me the Face of Hector Con Carne it was revealed that while in disguise as a nurse, he got hired as Hector's new mad scientist, and built a bomb mechanism for Hector, with a self destruct button. Hector, not realizing it was a trap, pressed the button and his body was destroyed in the resulting explosion, which apparently was powerful enough to send his two front teeth to Antarctica.
In The Smell of Vengeance, Cod Commando confronts his enemy once again, claiming to be planning on "finishing what he started." However, Cod only managed to stop Hector's latest scheme and escape, without finishing Hector off. He becomes officially Hector's arch-nemesis for the rest of the show.
- He was introduced just a year before Call of Duty (often abbreviated CoD) was released. It is unknown if this was intentional.
- Despite being stated to be a cod fish, he does not resemble that species of fish.
- Coincidentally, there are many types of fish marketed and sold as cod despite not being codfish.
- Ironically, in the episode Cod vs Hector, he is also trapped on the deserted Island with Hector and requires a boat to leave, suggesting either he can only survive in fresh water or -ironically- may not be able to swim.
- It also brings into question how he was able to arrive at the Underwater Base
- In The Smell of Vengeance the other World Leaders seem shocked and frightened that Abraham Lincoln wishes to send in Cod Commando, suggesting either fear of his violent nature, or shock that a fish would be sent in.
- In The Smell of Vengeance there is a common translation error where he says "Hello" when picking up the phone in some languages. This is because in the English version, Cod says his charismatic gibberish at that time in a way that seems to say "Hello".